Welcome to the Cornell Education Group. We are committed to providing you with the support you need when living in New Zealand. Cornell has an excellent reputation for delivering high quality courses over a long period of time. We want to offer you the following opportunities so that you have the best possible educational experience:
The Cornell Education Group consist of 3 schools ; Cornell Institute of Business and Technology (CIBT), Professional Business and Restaurant School(PBRS) and Wilkinson’s English Language School(WELS) prides itself on providing a quality education for its students. Students can choose to study a range of courses, including English Language, Information Technology, Business, Marketing and Cookery courses.
- A range of locations across four sites in New Zealand; three in Auckland (two in the CBD centre), one in Tauranga and one in Christchurch
- A multicultural learning environment – our staff members come from a variety of cultural backgrounds and our students come from over 30 different countries
- Our courses meet the students’ educational and vocational needs – we are an NZQA registered tertiary institute offering academic and practical qualifications to suit your needs
- A complimentary job search centre called iCareer that helps to find you jobs while you are studying and after you have completed your studies
- Experienced and qualified staff, both practical and academic who are all are prepared to do the extra hours to help support you with your study
- Because we all come from a variety of countries ourselves we understand any difficulties you might face and can usually provide support in your own language
- A very high pass rate that is normally well above 90%. Our commitment to you, is that we will do everything that we can to help you to achieve your personal best and we are confident that you will enjoy your study with us.
We will help you to achieve your personal best and are confident that you will enjoy your study with us. I look forward to welcoming you.
The Director of CIBT
The Cornell Education Group aims to be New Zealand’s leading private, high quality, education provider of sustainable professional training, delivered by skilled and qualified teachers to meet the relevant industry, student and community needs.
We aim to:
- provide high quality education and professional training through courses and programmes that are relevant to the needs of industry and the learner
- support our students in a holistic way to develop themselves personally and professionally to be “work ready” through student centred learning
- offer a Student focussed, culturally safe, supported and connected modern learning environment for all of our learners
- provide the infrastructure, facilities, learner support and environment to assist the student to successfully complete their study
- be a quality contributor to New Zealand’s role as an internationally credible provider of effective educational and training provision that is significantly contributing to the New Zealand Economy
- develop strategic relationships that add value to the student’s learning experience with outcomes that will assist them with their career and learning pathways
- reinforce the Cornell reputation of being a “Centre of Excellence”
- achieve Category 1 Status for CIBT by the end of 2018
- Professionalism: We act with integrity, having concern for others in the delivery of highest quality education and training.
- Teamwork : We work together to secure mutually beneficial outcomes for the benefits of those who were serve
- Commitment : We have a strong commitment to our learners and to the provision of high standard outcomes that lead to employment or further study
- Service: We have a strong ethos of service aimed at our learners, their employers, their communities and to New Zealand.
- Excellence: We strive to deliver the best outcomes for our learners and to continuously improve and innovate in our support and delivery for our learners.
- Respect for Diversity: Our learners come from New Zealand, the Pacific and many other cultures. We strive to provide them with the best support to treat them with respect and sensitivity and to accommodate their learning and career needs aspirations.
Our Teaching Philosophy
“Ako”, in Te Reo Māori, means both to learn and to teach. This expresses the essence of TCEG’s philosophy of learning and teaching. Good learning takes place when an effective partnership is created between learners and lecturers.
Learners and lecturers have responsibilities to each other as well as to themselves. TCEG is committed to offering high quality, lifelong learning along with flexible and innovative delivery that respects diversity and promotes excellence.
Our Quality Assurance
NZQA assesses the standard of education for tertiary education organisations through a regular system of external evaluation and review (EER). Through periodic EER, tertiary education organisations are held accountable to their students, employers, funders, quality assurance bodies and other interested parties.
Cornell Institute of Business and Technology (CIBT) http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers/details.do?providerId=755460001
Cornell Institute of Business & Technology holds a NZQA Category three rating based on the External Evaluation and Review conducted in June 2016. The EER team was Not Yet Confident in the education performance and Not Yet Confident in the capability in self- assessment of Cornell