Students who wish to study business may choose between The New Zealand Diploma programme Levels 5 or 6 which provides a broad set of business skills practiced in the industry.
New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5)
|Abbreviation:||New Zealand Diploma In Business (Operational Management) (LEVEL 5) with strands in accounting and leadership and management|
|Intakes:||January / April / July / September / November|
Applicants must have:
English language requirement:
International students for whom English is not a first language must have an IELTS score of 5.5 (Academic) with no band score lower than 5.0, or an equivalent NZQA approved English language test.
The graduate will be able to:
- Work in entry level business jobs.
- Progress into further specializations in management, marketing, human resources.
- Progress to Year 2 (Level 6) of this program or equivalent programs that explore more business skills and knowledge areas.
The course is entirely based on the national qualification. Cornell groups the unit Standards into “Components” which allows for more coherent and logical delivery and assessment of the units. Delivery is applied at the “Component” level. The components of Level 5 are listed under Course Content.
• BUS501 – The Business Environment
• BUS502 – Business and Enterprise: Marketing
• BUS503 – Fundamentals of Management
• BUS510 – Keystone Project: Business Planning
• ACC511 – Accounting and Financial Information
• ACC512 – Accounting Concepts
• ACC513 – Cost and Management Accounting
• ACC514 – Information Systems and Technology
Leadership and Management
• ACC515 – Understanding Financial Information
• BUS504 – Principles of Operations Management
• BUS505 – Human Resource Management
• BUS506 – Introduction to Risk Management
Supervisory and junior manager level in administration, marketing, operations, accounts, business planning and customer service.
A description of the unit standards that are included in Year 1 and Year 2 can be found on NZQA website under the New Zealand Qualification Framework.