Students who wish to study business may choose between The New Zealand Diploma programme Levels 5 or 6 which provides a broad set of business skills practiced in the industry.
New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6)
|Abbreviation:||New Zealand Diploma in Business (Strategic Management) (Level 6) with strands in accounting and leadership and management|
|Intakes:||January / April / July / September / November|
|Entry Criteria:||Applicants must have:
1. A total of 60 NCEA credits at level 2 in best four subjects;
2. or equivalent to the above;
3. or New Zealand University Entrance You may be eligible for the Special Admission or Discretionary Admission, For more information, please contact our admission team
English language requirement:
International students for whom English is not a first language must have an IELTS score of 6 (Academic) with no band score lower than 5.5, or an equivalent NZQA approved English language test.
The graduate will be able to:
- Build on the skills acquired in Year 1 (level 6)
- Work in entry level business management and marketing
- Progress into further specializations in human resource management, employment law, franchising,
- conflict resolution and ethical decision making
- Progress to Year 3 (Level 7) of this program or equivalent programmes that explore higher level business skills.
The course is entirely based on the national qualification. Cornell groups the unit Standards into "Components" which allows for more coherent and logical delivery and assessment of the units. Delivery is applied at the "Component" level. The components of Level 5 are listed under Course Content".
• BUS601 – Fundamentals of Strategy
• BUS602 – introduction to Operations and Supply
• BUS603 – Strategic Human Resource Management
• ACC614 – Management Accounting
• ACC611 – Financial Accounting
• ACC612 – Accounting Information Systems
• ACC613 – Business Finance
• ACC615 – Introduction to Taxation
Leadership and Management
• BUS604 – Strategic Marketing
• BUS605 – Foundations of International Business
• BUS606 – Leading Change and Innovation
• BUS607 – Introduction to Project Management
Middle managerial roles and responsibilities in administration, marketing, project management, business administration, accounts, customer service, supply chain and procurement, finance and human resource management.
A description of the unit standards that are included in Year 1 and Year 2 can be found on NZQA website under the New Zealand Qualification Framework.