|Duration:||36 weeks(1 year)|
|Intakes:||February / April / June / September|
English language requirement:
Students enrolled on this programme will be equipped with the needed technical and core knowledge and skills to operate as IT support professionals prepared for the New Zealand market. Graduates may choose to progress to more advanced programmes or information systems specialities.
Graduates of this program can find jobs in any of the below listed roles which are listed on immigration New Zealand long term skill shortage list.
ICT Customer Support Officer (313112)
- ICT Help Desk Technician
- ICT Tier-1 Support
- ICT Tier-2 Support
Graduates are able to pursue further study by joining one of the listed Level 7 diplomas below:
- Diploma in Information Technology (Networking Technology Management) – Level 7
- Diploma in Software Development – Level 7.
- Refer to our website or related flyers for career outcomes of available higher diplomas for further study.
|COMP501||Introduction to Information Technology|
|COMP505||The Fundamentals of Computer Networks|
|ICT510||Client Operating System|
|ICT511||Help Desk Support|
|COMP508||Fundamentals of Network Security|
|ICT620||Server Administration & Configuration|
|ICT622||Applications Platform Configuration|
The programme incorporates the following industry certifications:
- COMPTIA A+
- COMPTIA Network +
- COMPTIA Security +
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 10 or any newer version or future substituting certificate.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure (Exam 70-410) or any newer version or future substituting certificate.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Exam 98-365) or any newer version or future substituting certificate
Possible job opportunities
End user support, desktop and application support, Level-1 network/helpdesk support, server administrator, network administrator.
Diploma in Information Technology (Networking Technology and Administration) – Level 5
Graduates can progress to year two of the Diploma in Information Technology (Networking Technology Management and Administration) – Level 7. After successful completion of Level 7, graduates will be awarded 2 years of consecutive course of study.