DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (NETWORKING TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION) – LEVEL 7
|Intakes:||February / April / June / September|
English language requirement:
The aim of this diploma is to deliver a coherent 2 years course of study with a speciality in computer networks to Learners including those with no prior computing background. This program is DITL5 and DITL7 combined together.
The graduate will be able to:
- work effectively with minimal assistance in the management of large enterprise networks.
- contribute to decisions relating to the optimisation and implementation of enterprise networks
- work within an environment which utilises routing and computer network technologies manufactured by major international network vendors.
- become both CISCO and Microsoft certified engineer
- progress to a more advanced programmes which explore the design and management of complex and sophisticated network systems
In year 1, graduates will learn a set of modules that will prepare them as a support technicians and server administrators in the ICT industry. At the end of Year 1 they will be capable of administering and supporting Microsoft networks and servers.
|COMP501||Introduction to Information Technology|
|COMP505||The Fundamentals of Computer Networks|
|ICT510||Client Operating System|
|ICT511||Help Desk Support|
|COMP508||Fundamentals of Network Security|
|ICT620||Server Administration & Configuration|
|ICT622||Applications Platform Configuration|
In Year 2 students do more advanced IT network administration skills, this opens the doors for higher education courses in related degrees. At the end of year 2 you the will be able to assume Cisco network administrator role.
|ICT630||Building and Administering Med Size Networks – I|
|ICT631||Building and Administering Med Size Networks – II|
|ICT730||Building Enterprise Networks|
|COMP750||Information Technology Project Management|
|COMP701||ITIL Service Management Practices|
|ICT731||Building Multilayer Switched Networks|
|ICT732||Building Secure Networks|
|ICT733||Optimizing Converged Networks|
Year 1 offers a student the opportunity to achieve the following industry certification exams:
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Network Fundamentals (CompTIA Network+)
- MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration
Year 2 offers a student the opportunity to achieve the following industry certification exams:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA Routing & Switch)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA Security)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP Route & Switch)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA Voice)
Possible job opportunities
Server administrator, Network administrator, Network engineer, Systems engineer, IT engineer, System administrator, Project Coordinator, Help Desk Specialist, end user trainer.
Diploma in Information Technology (Networking Technology Management and Administration) - Level 7
Graduates can progress to higher academic qualifications or programs that explore more advanced design and management of complex and sophisticated network systems