|Duration:||36 weeks(1 year)|
|Intakes:||February / April / June / September|
- completed successfully approved and accredited programmes of study that lead to:
- completed successfully, NCEA Level 2 or 3 in New Zealand, or
- completed successfully equivalent to New Zealand year 12 secondary schooling or have acquired entrance to a university, or
English language requirement:
Students enrolled on this programme will be equipped with the needed technical and core knowledge and skills to operate as IT support professionals prepared for the New Zealand market. Graduates may choose to progress to more advanced programmes or information systems specialities.
The graduate will be able to:
- Work effectively with minimal assistance in a help desk or network support role.
- Apply current methodologies, techniques and tools in supporting and maintaining organisation’s networks, systems and user groups
- Communicate effectively in oral and written forms to different types of stakeholders.Work effectively on own and in a team setting to meet deadlines.
- Exhibit strong sense of social and ethical responsibilities of a professional working in the discipline.Expand knowledge and skills and pursue higher education options.
- Become Microsoft Certified Engineer.
- Progress to advanced programs that explore more advanced and complex network administration skills.
|Course #||Course Title|
|1||ICT501||Fundamentals of Computer Hardware and Operating System|
|4||COMP526||Database Design and Administration|
|5||COMP513||Principles of Software Development|
|6||COMP514||Web Design and Front-end Development|
|8||ICT529||IT System Support|
|9||GEN511||Professional Practice and Communication|
This diploma offers a student the opportunity to achieve the latest version of the following industry certification exams:
- COMPTIA A+
- COMPTIA Network +
- COMPTIA Security +
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 8 or any newer version or future substituting certificate.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure (Exam 70-410) or any newer version or future substituting certificate.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Exam 98-365) or any newer version or future substituting certificate.
Possible job opportunities
- Hardware Technician
- ICT Customer Support Officer
- ICT Help Desk Officer
- ICT Help Desk Technician
- Systems Support Officer
- Network Support Technician
- Web Administrator
New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology (Technical Support and Administration) Level 5
Graduates can progress to year two of the Diploma in Information Technology (Networking Technology Management and Administration) - Level 7.