|Duration:||36 weeks(1 year)|
|Intakes:||February / April / June / September|
English language requirement:
The New Zealand Diploma gives students an excellent foundation for a network and server administration career. Graduates will be prepared to assume jobs for supporting modern computing networks and administering network server systems. It offers the opportunity to become Certified IT Professional (MCITP) and acquire some CompTIA certifications. Certifications help employers decide whether applicants have the required technical skills.
The graduate will be able to:
- Work effectively with minimal assistance in a help desk or network support role
- Operate and maintain network server systems that run large local area networks
- Work within an environment which utilises common industry network systems manufactured by a major international software vendors.
- Become Microsoft Certified Engineer.
- Progress to Year 2 (Level 7) of this program or equivalent programs that explore more advanced and complex network administration skills.
|COMP501||Introduction to Information Technology|
|COMP505||The Fundamentals of Computer Networks|
|ICT510||Client Operating System|
|ICT511||Help Desk Support|
|COMP508||Fundamentals of Network Security|
|ICT620||Server Administration & Configuration|
|ICT622||Applications Platform Configuration|
This diploma offers a student the opportunity to achieve the latest version of the following industry certification exams:
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Network Fundamentals (CompTIA Network+)
- MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
- Windows Server 2008, Server Administration (MCITP)
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration
Possible job opportunities
End user support, desktop and application support, Level-1 network/helpdesk support, server administrator, network administrator.
New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology (Networking Technology and Administration) – Level 5
Graduates can progress to year two of the Diploma in Information Technology (Networking Technology Management and Administration) – Level 7. After successful completion of Level 7, graduates will be awarded 2 years of consecutive course of study.